The Extras At ACA
Extracurricular activities round out any great education.
At ACA we offer several:
ACA's athletic program exists to supplement its academic course of study. The purpose of the athletic program is to better develop the spiritual health, mind, body and character of its student athletes. The discipline and teamwork needed to grow as an athlete are important disciplines as students mature as Christian men and women who will impact the world for Christ. "For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come". 1 Timothy 4:8
The following middle school sports are offered at ACA:
- co-ed soccer
- co-ed basketball
- co-ed track & field
Please contact the office if you would like to obtain a copy of our Athletic Handbook, Athletics Pre-Participation Physical Forms, and Medical Release Form.
At ACA, music is very important. Ephesians 5:19 says, "Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord.” Students have opportunities to do this through weekly music classes, seasonal concerts and private music lessons.
Wayne and Laura McDonald run the Music Department at ACA. They are a happily married couple who have dedicated their lives to serving the Lord.
Weekly Music Classes:
- Each grade at ACA has a weekly music class with Mrs. McDonald.
- Each class is broken into three parts. During music connection time, students participate in hands-on music activities and games. During the main lesson, students learn basic music theory and skills outlined in the National Standard for Music Education. During worship and reflection time, students are taught how to experience God's presence through praise and worship. Prior to concerts and performances (see below), music classes are used as practice times.
- Kindergarten up through sixth-grade students participate in two concerts per year: a Christmas concert and a spring concert. Both concerts are held in the beautiful Cathedral at Crossroads Worship Center. Admission is free and open to all ACA families, friends and the community.
Each concert is a mini musical that includes
singing, acting/narrating, and dance. Concerts are always Christ-centered and allow the children to minister to others with their gifts and talents.
- Seventh and eighth-grade students will be given opportunities to share their talents as well. They will prepare short presentations to perform at nursing homes, school assemblies and other opportunities that become available throughout the year.
Private Music Lessons:
- For those students who want to pursue music on a deeper level, Wayne McDonald is available for private music lessons. He teaches piano/keyboard, drums, guitar, flute, saxophone, clarinet, violin, and vocal coaching. Lessons are $21.25 for a half hour. Wayne will work with children's teachers to schedule a lesson during the school day. A recital will be held at the end of the school year. Those who are interested may contact Wayne at (856) 889-5525.
ACA offers strategic Art education for grades K-8, students learn sequentially how to develop creativity, utilize the 7 elements of art, the 10 principles of design, art from around the world, master artists, art movements through time, focused instruction in drawing and painting and concept art. Students will use a variety of mediums including: graphite, charcoal, ink, watercolor, acrylics, oil and chalk pastels, mixed media, sculpture and printmaking. Eighth graders get the unique opportunity to finish the school year creating their own art portfolio website displaying their best work throughout time spent learning at ACA.
While trying new materials and stretching our abilities in creating beautiful works we are also regularly reminded of and inspired by the master creator of all: God the Creator.
ACA middle school students put on a production each spring. Past productions have included The Princess and the Pea, The Secret Garden, A Little Princess, Anne of Green Gables, The Wizard of Oz, The Importance of Being Earnest, and Little Women.